This is a traditional Ayurvedic drink for arthritis.
PART 1 :: Turmeric Paste
- 1/4 cup Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- In a saucepan, mix turmeric powder with one half cup water.
- Bring to boil and cook until a thick paste is formed.
- Store paste in refrigerator.
Part 2 :: The Drink
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Paste
- Honey – to taste
- Combine milk, almond oil, turmeric paste into a small sauce pan.
- Stir on low heat and bring up to barely a boil.
- Add honey to taste.
- Blend in a blender to make a foamy drink.
People who wish to reduce kapha can use goat milk and add ginger and cardamom.
If you are lactose-intolerant, you can substitute nut or almond milk for the dairy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.