The artistic touches of Paul and Tizia make this center delightfully warm and cozy.
Tizia’s studio is private, cozy and energy efficient It includes a steam tub, a gorgeous Indian treatment table and classic Ayurvedic accoutrements and decor. It was designed and built by Tizia and Paul specifically for Auromesa clients.
The Watsu Pool
This pool room was built just or Tizia’s Watsu practice. Light twinkles in through 1000 recycled glass bottles and a sky light in the center of the dome ceiling. The sun heats the pools water and smooth river rocks make up the floor of the pool. A Watsu session in this space can be a surreal experience once you close your eyes and surrender to the tranquillity.
The main house of the Ayurvedic compound was built by Paul and Tizia in 1990. They fell in love with Taos and move to a very unpopulated high plateau, along the Rio Grande, close to the hot springs.
Being burmed in the ground and utilizing thermo-mass temperature provides natural air conditioning in the summer. The low course of the sun heats up the house in the winter, filling the house with warmth and light.
The Hogan House
The Hogan is a seven sided Navajo dome structure with a private patio and charming interior. It’s available for weekend retreats with an a-la-carte menu of treatments and meals.
How to prepare for a successful Panchakarma.
Your 1st week is called a purvakarma and it happens at home:
You will receive a health form, fill it out and send it back to get a personalized program.
Inner and outer oilation, herbal medicine and a special diet will be given to you after the practitioner’s assessment.
Your diet will follow these guidelines:
- Recreational drugs
- White sugar
- Refined table salt
- Preservatives and artificial colors
- Refined carbohydrates including white flour
- Artificial and refined oils
- Conventionally grown, pesticide-laden produce
- Meat, dairy and all cheeses
- Pharmaceutical drugs (If you are on medication, consult your primary care physician before embarking on this or any cleansing program.)
- Raw food
- Cold drinks
Organic and GMO-Free everything,
- Fresh fruits
- Cooked vegetables
- Nuts and seeds (except peanuts, which are too acidic and slow the metabolic rate of the liver)
- Whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, millet and amaranth)
- Organic cold-pressed or unrefined oils
- Vegetal protein sources such as legumes (lentils, split peas and split mung beans)
- Soups & stews
- Cooked warm onctuous slightly oily, but not fried food is best
Phase 1 – Purvakarma :: 7 Days at Home
As a preparation for all cleansing treatments, the patient is given plants and substances to liquify toxins. This can be done at home following a special vegan, cooked diet.
Phase 2 – Panchakarma :: 7 Days at Auromesa
The program is customized to your personal needs.
Daily consultation, abyangham massages and fomentation with medicinal herbs is done. We will work in different types of treatments (nasya, shirodhara, marmas therapy, virechana, basti) that will expel toxins and give you total purification and renewal of body and consciousness.
A detoxifying diet and herbal teas are prepared fresh, daily. You can learn how to prepare these foods if you wish by working in the kitchen with us.
- Daily meditation & Tibetan healing yoga classes
- Daily seasonal routines
- Nutrition Class
- Cooking Class
Phase 3 – Paschatkarma :: 7 Days at Home after your Panchakarma
During the rejuvenation phase, a person returns to the simple diet of Purvakarma during Phase 1. It is important to do this gradually, by slowly introducing solid foods. Many people find that the most profound healing occurs during the rejuvenation phase. Physical, emotional and spiritual changes may be experienced in the days and weeks to come. Sometimes issues that have been suppressed will surface.
Why would you do a Panchakarma?
- Sleep better.
- Improved digestion and assimilation.
- More energy for work.
- More vitality for play.
- More clarity in your relationships.
- Better knowledge of yourself how you function and what you need.
- Lasting happiness and sense of purpose.
Panchakarma is an intensive Ayurvedic cleansing and Rejuvenation plan.
It was developed in India to prolong life and health by removing physical impurities, bringing awareness to destructive thoughts and behaviors, and releasing old patterns.
It provides not only a cleansing on a cellular level but also deep calm and a renewed consciousness.
There are 3 stages of a complete Panchakarma:
- Phase 1 – Purvakarma :: 7 Days at Home
- Phase 2 – Panchakarma :: 7 Days at Auromesa
- Phase 3 – Paschatkarma :: 7 Days at Home after your Panchakarma